Door Industry Journal - Spring 2018

Also online at: Industry News 10 THE door industry journal spring 2018 The CSCS Skilled Worker Card – What You Need To Know In this article Pete Whyatt – a qualified NVQ Assessor at P.A.W. Solutions -explains the situation regarding the CSCS Skilled Worker Card and what you need to do to get this vital document. As someone who works closely with the door and gate sector, I encounter a lot of confusion regarding the CSCS Skilled Worker Card. This is unsurprising, as there is not enough conversation going on about this issue in the industry. People don’t understand what they need - and many trade bodies and association don’t either, which is leading to confusion and conflicting information. This is what you need to know: To work unsupervised on most construction sites - and many other areas - you now need to prove occupational competence. This means holding a CSCS Skilled Worker Card. And to get this card you must first complete an NVQ L2 qualification. For the door and gate sector, there are two relevant qualifications - one covers the installation of products (QUA800) and the other covers the repair of products (QUB800). You can choose either or both. Each qualification also includes product service and maintenance. The NVQ is a competence-based qualification and is based on National Occupational Standards (NOS). These standards are statements of performance that describe what competent people in an © Courtesy of North Valley Metal © Courtesy of Garador © Courtesy of Alpha Deuren

RkJQdWJsaXNoZXIy Mzg2Nzk=